Calificación:
  • 0 voto(s) - 0 Media
Compiladito de noticias bizarras
[SIZE="3"]Slavery Math Problems Spark Outrage[/SIZE]

source escribió:Angry parents in Georgia want an apology after their children brought home a math assignment that referenced slavery and beatings.

One question in the handout for third-graders at Beaver Ridge Elementary School outside Atlanta read, "Each tree had 56 oranges. If eight slaves pick them equally, then how much would each slave pick?"

Another read, "If Frederick got two beatings per day, how many beatings did he get in one week?"

Parent Christopher Braxton told WSB-TV in Atlanta he couldn't believe it as he read his son's math homework last week.l

"It kind of blew me away," he said. "Do you see what I see? Do you really see what I see? He's not answering this question."

District spokeswoman Sloan Roach said the teachers were trying to incorporate social studies lessons into the math problems, which is something the school district encourages.

"We understand that there are concerns about these questions and we agree that these questions were not appropriate," she said.

The parents were told the school vice principal had collected the assignment to shred them so that they didn't resurface.

Imagenes:

[Imagen: mKnox263.png]
Responder

Mensajes en este tema
Compiladito de noticias bizarras - por Titens - 08-01-2012, 20:44
Compiladito de noticias bizarras - por Mickey Knox - 09-01-2012, 17:55